Welcome to the Membership Application Page for AMTSO.
AMTSO was founded in 2008 as a not-for profit organization that is committed to improving the objectivity, quality and relevance of testing methodologies through the development and publication of universally adopted standards and guidelines for anti-malware testing.
AMTSO membership is open to any corporation, institution or unaffiliated individual interested in participating in this organization. Please note that to apply as an individual, you must not be employed by any member organization, either under full-time, part-time or contractor status.
Why become a member of AMTSO?
AMTSO is in the process of developing testing standards and guidelines for global use to help improve the reliability and quality of the testing of security software and related products. It is our belief that the high quality of participants in this organization, and the strength of these standards and guidelines will make AMTSO the universally preeminent testing standards organization.
Who is developing these standards and guidelines? AMTSO members are technologists, testers, reviewers, and representatives of government and academia. These members contribute their expertise to influence the standards and guidelines being set by AMTSO. We believe that AMTSO will contribute toward enhancing the reliability of product reviews, improving product quality, and increasing overall customer security and satisfaction.
AMTSO Membership Benefits
AMTSO membership allows the company or individual joining AMTSO the following benefits:
- Email: Participation on the AMTSO membership list, allowing exposure to ongoing dialogue about current and relevant issues related to organizational activities and actions.
Sub-Committee Participation: Nomination rights on AMTSO subcommittees: each member or member company shall have the ability to nominate one person for any or each AMTSO subcommittee.
- Voting Rights: Each AMTSO Participating Member shall be entitled to one vote on all AMTSO general actions. A Participating Member shall be either the unaffiliated individual, or a company, such that no one member organization shall be entitled to more than one vote on any single issue.
The AMTSO Advisory Board is comprised of representatives of governmental and leading academic organizations, and serves as an advisory body to the AMTSO Leadership Team and Technical Sub-Committee. Membership on the AMTSO Advisory Board is through invitation from the AMTSO Leadership Team, and involves a two year participation commitment. If you are interested in finding out more about participation on the AMTSO Advisory Board, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that apart from full membership AMTSO also offers subscriptions - they allow participation in AMTSO for a very low fee (press "Subscription" tab to find out more about this non-voting status).
AMTSO Membership Fees
The annual membership fee in AMTSO is 1,250 Euros.
Membership fees shall accrue on July 1 of each year following your first year of membership. Your membership fee entitles you to membership for the period commencing with the date your application is accepted through the next July 1. If your membership application is accepted after January 1 then the fee is halved and entitles you to membership from such date through to the next July 1. If your membership application is accepted after April 1, your membership fee shall entitle you to membership from such date through July 1 of the following year.
- if your application is accepted on November 5, 2011, your first membership fee of 1,250 Euros shall be due within 60 days of that date, and will entitle you to membership until July 1, 2012.
- if your application is accepted on January 5, 2012, your first membership fee of 625 Euros shall be due within 60 days of that date, and will entitle you to membership until July 1, 2012.
- if your application is accepted on April 5 2012, your first membership fee will be within 60 days of that date, and will entitle you to membership until July 1, 2013
If you are interested in joining now, please complete our membership query form.