Welcome to our regular roundup of events and activities in and around AMTSO.
Meetings and Events
We have a Testing Town Hall call coming up on November 8th. We have a guest speaker lined up from the European Cyber Security Organization and are working on additional talks from members and/or guests, anyone interested in presenting at one of these events should get in touch via [email protected]. Non-members can sign up to attend these events here.
We’re also conducting a survey of our members to help plan our meetings for 2024, members can complete the survey on the member website; results will be reviewed shortly and we hope to make some decisions on timings and locations during November, based on member feedback in combination with other factors.
RTTL and ThreatList
The RTTL oversight team held their regular call last week, we have a number of prospective new contributors in the pipeline and look forward to seeing further expansion of the system in the near future. We also noted that five test labs are consuming samples from the system on a regular basis. The ThreatList system is almost ready to open for sign-ups, with work on collateral such as documentation, legal agreements and sign-up forms completing in tandem with finalization of the technical setup. The team will meet up again next week.
XDR Testing Criteria
The XDR project team held another call this week, pushing ahead with refining the taxonomy structure we’re designing, which we hope will provide a useful at-a-glance overview of what’s covered by both solutions and tests, as well as forming the basis of a system for tracking, measuring and comparing tests. The group is open to participants within the AMTSO membership, and as we move forward with the project we will aim to consult with non-members on both the vendor and user/purchaser sides to gather further input and feedback.
New Frontiers group
Our team working on outreach to enterprise users, implementors and buyers held another call this week, building out plans for the formation of an advisory panel from within and outside the security industry, and looking ahead to some in-person events through 2024 to bring these groups together for discussions and information-sharing. The team will hold regular calls every other week going forward, starting next week.
AMTSO Standard and Test Calendar
We’ve added 10 new tests to our Test Calendar through October so far, with several more expected next week; we’ve also issued the first notification for a VB100 certification to be run under our Standard, and commenced an expansion of our Contact List system to ensure AMTSO (and our members) can find the testing-related contacts they need, with a core aim being to deliver test notifications and requests for feedback to the right people. Here’s a summary of activities from our Standard compliance team:
- A Public Test Notification has been issued for the Virus Bulletin (VB) October 2023 VB100 Test (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP091), the first to be run under the AMTSO Standard V1.3. Phase 1 Commentary on the test plan remains open through Friday, October 27th, 2023.
- With Virus Bulletin joining the AMTSO Standards program, AMTSO will run the first three months of their participation with monthly test plan notifications. The November 2023 (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP093) and December 2023 (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP094) public test notifications will be issued in due course. Starting in January 2024, AMTSO will run the VB100 program under our annual rhythm with quarterly Phase 2 Collections from test subject vendors (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP095).
- A Public Test Notification has been issued by TGL (Testing Ground Labs) October 2023 Consumer Android Malware Detection Test (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP092). Phase 1 Commentary on the test plan remains open through Friday, October 27th, 2023.
- Phase 2 Commentary covering SecureIQLab’s ACFW Test (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP070) launched on Wednesday, October 25th, 2023. The AMTSO Compliance Report is expected to be issued by Friday, November 3rd, 2023.
- Phase 2 Commentary covering the SE Labs Q3’2023 Endpoint Test (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP083) also launched on Wednesday, October 25th, 2023. The AMTSO Compliance Report is expected by close of business on Thursday, November 2nd, 2023.
Information on all published and upcoming tests being tracked by AMTSO can be found in our test calendar.
ABOUT THIS NEWSLETTER
We send this newsletter to all AMTSO member representatives, as well as non-members who have engaged with AMTSO recently and have an interest in what’s going on in the AMTSO community. If you have any friends or colleagues who would like to be kept informed of developments in the testing world, they can sign up here. If you’d like to know more about joining the AMTSO community, there’s information and an application form here.