Welcome to our regular roundup of events and activities in and around AMTSO.
Meetings and Events
We have now posted edited recordings of the main presentations from our most recent Testing Town Hall event to our public website and YouTube channel. Full recordings and slide decks are available to members only. The next Testing Town Hall will be held in February 2024.
RTTL and ThreatList
Our RTTL sample-sharing system continues to expand with several more members signing up to participate over the last few weeks. We also opened the new ThreatList system for signups this week, beginning with previous reporters to the WildList. We expect to onboard the initial cohort of contributors next week, and will be accepting applications from new contributors, subject to an approval process.
XDR Testing Criteria
We held another meeting of our XDR testing working group this week with representatives of three member test labs present, alongside vendor representatives. Work on development of our detailed taxonomy of XDR components continued, gathering input from a broad range of sources; as the system is built out we will engage further with major players in the XDR space to further refine the structure. Discussion included how to integrate the categorization system with AMTSO’s existing test tracking setup, the Test Calendar, as well as our main Testing Protocol Standard.
New Frontiers group
We held another call last week for the team working on outreach to enterprise buyers and users, and will commence a series of consultations with CISOs and internal security leads within the AMTSO membership over the next few weeks. This project ultimately aims to form a standing panel of advisors to provide input on developing standards and guidelines, as well as to set up a regular event to bring testers and enterprise evaluators together to share information and ideas.
AMTSO Standard and Test Calendar
Recent additions to our Test Calendar include Advanced Threat Protection tests from AV-Comparatives and the latest update to the regular Unwanted Software Handling Certification from AppEsteem. Here’s a summary of activities from our Standard compliance team:
- Phase 1 Commentary collection covering the AVLab Cybersecurity Foundation’s November 2023 Advanced In-the-Wild Malware Test (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP096) closed on Monday, November 20th, 2023 with no major issues having been raised.
- A Public Test Notification was issued for the Virus Bulletin December 2023 VB100 Test (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP094) on Thursday, November 16th, 2023. Phase 1 Commentary Collection will remain open through Wednesday, November 29th, 2023.
- The AVLab Cybersecurity Foundation Test for Q4 2023 providing an analysis of Online Payment Protection Modules in Windows 11 (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP089) is due for completion at the end of November 2023 following an extended dispute phase.
- A Public Test Notification was issued for the SecureIQLab Cloud Web Application Firewall V3.0 Test (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP097) on Wednesday, November 22nd, 2023. Phase 1 Commentary collection will commence next week.
- Phase 2 Commentary collection for the VB100 November 2023 certification round (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP091) was launched on Thursday, November 23rd, 2023, and will remain open through Wednesday, November 29th, 2023.
Information on all published and upcoming tests being tracked by AMTSO can be found in our test calendar.
ABOUT THIS NEWSLETTER
We send this newsletter to all AMTSO member representatives, as well as non-members who have engaged with AMTSO recently and have an interest in what’s going on in the AMTSO community. If you have any friends or colleagues who would like to be kept informed of developments in the testing world, they can sign up here. If you’d like to know more about joining the AMTSO community, there’s information and an application form here.