Welcome to our regular roundup of events and activities in and around AMTSO.
RTTL and ThreatList
The ThreatList project is accumulating participants and we expect to have our first set of approvals through our review process in the next few days – former WildList participants are automatically approved. Anyone interested in contributing samples and/or metadata, or test labs interested in consuming the feed, can sign up here: https://www.amtso.org/threatlist/
Our RTTL working group held a call last week to review progress, we hope to see feeds coming online over the next few weeks and have set February 5th as a target date to start building the official sample sets.
Meetings and Events
We expect to circulate invites and agendas next week for our next Testing Town Hall event, scheduled for February 14th. As previously announced we should have presentations from SE Labs and SecureIQLab, and are working to confirm an additional guest speaker. Non-members can sign up to attend our events here: https://www.amtso.org/amtso-event-registration/
Plans for our 2024 events and member meetings continue to develop, with our main event looking very likely to take place in Dublin in early October, alongside the annual Virus Bulletin conference.
XDR Testing Criteria
We will hold the first 2024 call for our XDR team next week, we’ve invited some non-members working the XDR area to join the call to provide feedback on our work so far, and we hope to see several new member representatives signing up to join the project shortly.
New Frontiers group
Our CISO outreach project team held their first 2024 call this week, reviewing the progress of our program of individual interviews with CISO from within our own community and from the wider world. This call series will continue over the next few weeks as we build out our plans to form a standing panel of experts to provide their input and feedback on our plans and projects, building towards a planned open event later in the year.
AMTSO Standard and Test Calendar
A large number of tests reached milestones over the end-of-year break, and several new tests were added to our roster of regular followers of our Testing Protocol Standard. Notably, we issued notifications and test plan details from AV-Test for their main Windows, Android, and MacOS test series through 2024. Here’s a summary of activities from our Standard compliance team:
- Public Test Notifications were issued for the upcoming AV-Test 2024 Product Test Series. AMTSO welcomes AV-Test and all of these tests will operate under the AMTSO Standard V1.3.
- Android Consumer Product Test Series for 2024 (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP103)
- MacOS Business Product Test Series for 2024 (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP104)
- MacOS Consumer Product Test Series for 2024 (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP105)
- Windows Business Product Test Series for 2024 (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP106)
- Windows Consumer Product Test Series for 2024 (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP107)
- A Public Test Notification was issued for the AVLab Cybersecurity Foundation’s January 2024 Advanced In-the-Wild Malware Test (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP102) on Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024.
- A Public Test Notification was issued for the AppEsteem 2024 Unwanted Software (UwS) Handling Certification Test Series (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP108) on Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024.
- Phase 2 Commentary was collected covering the AVLab Cybersecurity Foundation’s November 2023 Advanced In-the-Wild Malware Test Report (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP096) with the AMTSO Compliance Confirmation Report issued on Friday, January 12th, 2024.
- Phase 2 Commentary was collected covering the December 2023 VB100 Test Reports (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP094) with several new participants in the AMTSO review process taking part. The AMTSO Compliance Confirmation Report was issued on Tuesday, January 9th, 2024.
- Phase 2 Commentary was collected covering the AppEsteem December 2023 UwS Test Series reports (AMTSO Test ID : AMTSO-LS1-TP064). The AMTSO Compliance Confirmation Report was issued on Tuesday, January 9th, 2024.
- Phase 1 Commentary was collected covering the TGL (Testing Ground Labs) December 2023 Consumer Android Malware Detection Test (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP100) and December 2023 Business Android Malware Detection Test (AMTSO Test ID: AMTSO-LS1-TP101). Both closed on Tuesday, January 9th, 2024.
Information on all published and upcoming tests being tracked by AMTSO can be found in our test calendar.
We welcome our latest member, Fortinet, re-joining the AMTSO community after a brief absence. Companies interested in being part of AMTSO can find more information here: https://www.amtso.org/joining-amtso/
ABOUT THIS NEWSLETTER
We send this newsletter to all AMTSO member representatives, as well as non-members who have engaged with AMTSO recently and have an interest in what’s going on in the AMTSO community. If you have any friends or colleagues who would like to be kept informed of developments in the testing world, they can sign up here. If you’d like to know more about joining the AMTSO community, there’s information and an application form here.